Friday, 2 September 2011

Elf Haul!

Heey Everyone!
We've ordered some make-up and nail polishes from Elf recently and have given everything a go so here is our feedback on the brand and each product, hope you like it:

Nail Polishes, (From left to right), Mod Mauve, Lilac and Fair Pink
Mod Mauve- On the website i was really excited about this colour I thought it looked gorgeous! But when i got it home i realised that the swatch on the website looked a completely different colour, i was really disappointed because unfortunately i didn't even like the new colour, it goes a really muddy brown especially when you put on 2 coats, but you need 2 coats because it's so thin!

Lilac- This is an okay colour but because it's so light you need to put on at least 3 coats for a solid shade, to be honest if you wanted to have a nail polish in this colour but didn't want to spend over £2 then go get yourself a Collection 2000 polish!

Fair Pink- this colour is perfect for me to wear to school, when you only put on 1 coat, it looks like a clear nail polish so again you need at least 3!
On the upside of all these polishes you get a fair amount.

Pretty N Pink- This is a pretty good palette the colour pigmentation is okay for the price but I would suggest going down to Superdrug to get yourself an MUA shadow instead;)

Concealer- For starters the smell is fowl!Please comment if yours doesn't smell bad because then hopefully I only got a bad one off but the product itself covers redness and blotchy under eyes.

Eyeshadow Brush- this brush is a godsend I love it  so much, since brushes are so expensive I would definitely recommend this Elf Eyeshadow brush and I've heard good things about the blush brush so hopefully that will be in my next purchase

Fan Brush- I really liked the idea of a fan brush for my powder but unfortunately i just don't get enough coverage with it, and it just doesn't pick up enough powder, although it is very soft!

Shimmering Facial Whip (Camilla) - This is a 3 in 1 item! I really like the fact that you can do 3 things with it! It can be used as a lip product, as a highlighter or blush depending on the colour and finally as a cream eyeshadow. Unfortunately my colour is too light for the lip gloss but if you got a pink it would work brilliantly.also i like to use my colour as a highlighter! And my favourite use was as a eye shadow, it just turns a really pretty pink.

Bronzer (luminous)- This colour is surprisingly light! It could almost be a powder, except it has a really nice sparkle to it which i like! so it's more of a winter bronzer, if you like that kind of thing :)

Yours Truly Jade and Gabby:) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment