Terry's Chocolate orange is one of my favorite treats! And I was looking for recipes and when I found this I got really excited because I had never seen anything like it! So I tried them out, and lets just say they didn't look quite as good as the picture above but they were very yummy so I defiantly recommend this recipe!
- For the cupcakes
- 120g/4oz plain flour
- 140g/5oz caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking power
- 40g/1½oz unsalted butter
- 50g/2oz dark chocolate, melted
- 1 free-range egg
- 125ml/4fl oz milk
- 1 orange, juice only
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- For the white chocolate and orange butter cream
- 125g/4½oz unsalted butter, softened
- 250g/9oz icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 50g/1¾oz white chocolate, melted
- 1 orange, zest only
- 100g/3½oz orange chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Mix the flour, sugar and baking powder together in a food processor. Add the butter and pulse until combined.
- Whisk the melted chocolate, egg and milk together in a jug.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until risen and golden-brown and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the orange juice and granulated sugar together in a bowl. Carefully pour the orange juice mixture over the warm cakes and set aside to cool completely.
- For the white chocolate and orange butter cream, beat the butter in a bowl until light and fluffy. Carefully stir in the icing sugar and continue to beat for five minutes. Beat in the milk, melted chocolate and orange zest.
- Decorate the cupcakes with the butter cream.
- Use a sharp knife to make chocolate shavings from the orange chocolate and use them to decorate the cupcakes.
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I did! Thanks for reading! Please follow ;)