If your hair is really tangled up you'll need to take special care when you try to untangle the knots or you'll risk badly damaging your crowning glory!
So here's the best way to get rid of tangled up hair:
1. Start by smoothing lots of conditioner over your hair- use olive oil if you don't have conditioner.
2. Try to separate the strands using your fingers. Start at the ends of your hair and work up towards the roots. Keep going until you get of the large knots out. Hold the hair near the scalp with one hand and use the other to untangle. That way, when you brush, there will be less pulling (and less pain).
3. Take a wide toothed comb and work it gently through you hair from the bottom upwards. Rub conditioner over the teeth of the comb to help it glide through the hair really easily.
4. Finally comb through the hair with a wide-toothed comb until all the tangles are removed.
5. Rinse out conditioner once your hair is knot-free. Then shampoo and condition again!
Top Tip- Do you wake up every morning with tangled hair? Try placing a rectangular silk scarf over your pillow while you sleep- it'll stop your hair fuzzing into knots! ;)